At the Skin and Beauty Center of California, patients in and around the area who are dealing with later stages of aging may find themselves considering their options for restoring their youthful look. Our team is here to help patients avoid plastic surgery until there is no other option available to them. Our team may recommend certain cosmetic injectables that are commonly used for aging skin, including our popular Sculptra injections.
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is a unique treatment for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It is injected into the skin at any depth around the face to stimulate collagen production. This adds volume and smooths fine lines and wrinkles in the area in which it is administered. When done properly, many patients will enjoy the results from their injections for up to a year.
Why choose Sculptra?
There are many cosmetic injectables available on the market today for patients to consider as alternatives to plastic surgery. Knowing what sets Sculptra apart is the first step in deciding if it is right for you. Sculptra is different from other products on the market because it is:
- A long lasting product, providing results for up to two years
- Non-surgical approach to aging skin
- Safe and FDA approved
- Able to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds
What can I expect during my Sculptra treatment?
Your Sculptra treatment will be tailored specifically to you. However, most patients can expect the following:
- A topical anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area to minimize any discomfort.
- The injectable will be administered using a very fine needle in order to achieve the best results.
- You may experience some swelling and bruising after your treatment, but this will dissipate within a few days.
- It is important to avoid sun exposure after your treatment and to use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
Schedule an appointment at the Skin and Beauty Center today
If you live in the California area and want to work with our professionals at the Skin and Beauty Center to determine the most effective solutions for your aging skin, connect with our team today by calling one of our six convenient office locations. We are here to assist with cosmetic, medical, and surgical dermatology solutions for men, women, and children in the community.